BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
by D.W. Lundberg

Monday, July 26, 2010

... FOR "A LITTLE FACE TIME" (OR, "QUIZ TIME, PART 2")

For those of you paying attention, Salt opened in theaters this past weekend, starring Angelina Jolie. Here's the poster: 


Notice anything prominent in there? Right: Angelina Jolie. If the goal of any given poster is to advertise the movie at hand, then Angelina's patented "I'm-Pissed-And-If-You-Even-Think-About-Standing-In-My-Way-I'll-Be-Sure-To-Wipe-The-Floor-With-You" glare as featured above should tell you everything Salt is about. They might as well have called it Angelina, Ready To Kick Your Butt.

It's a throwback to good old days when all you needed was the image, front and center, of your favorite star/character to sell you on a movie. And while Salt opened second place to Inception's second week, the fact that Ms. Jolie-Pitt was able to bring in $36 million practically on her own is impressive.

So, avid reader, I thought I'd give you another quiz.  Below are snippets of other, recent "Face Time" posters designed for equal effect. Can you guess the movie title from the picture pieces given here? To make things easier, I'll even let you match the title to its poster. Pictures first, titles after:

__________


1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)


A) As Good As It Gets       G) Jerry Maguire  
         
B) Cast Away                H) Notting Hill

C) The Curious Case Of      I) Speed
      Benjamin Button 

D) Die Hard                 J) The Truman Show
                           
E) Face/Off                 K) Waterworld

F) Hancock

__________

Simple, right? Expect answers in the comments a few days from now. Have fun and good luck!

2 comments:

  1. 1 - J - The Truman Show
    2 - F - Hancock
    3 - A - As Good As It Gets
    4 - H - Notting Hill
    5 - D - Die Hard
    6 - B - Cast Away
    7 - C - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    8 - G - Jerry Maguire
    9 - K - Waterworld
    10 - I - Speed
    11 - E - Face/Off

    Did I pass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My answers are the same as Jonny because he's absolutely right. Those were all pretty easy. the only one I took a second to think about was waterworld, because it's been forever sense I saw the poster, and the movie was pretty lame, so I put it out of my mind. good quiz though.

    ReplyDelete